Imagine you’re a candy lover. You like all types of candy. Actually, that’s not so hard to imagine for most of us.
Imagine you’re placed inside a candy store. Every type of candy is there. All of your favorites, and some that you’ve always wanted to try, are right there for you. New flavors arrive all the time.
You get to have as much candy as you want. No worries about calories, sugar content, cavities, or the inevitable sugar crash. Just great candy, and it’s all yours.
- you only get thirty minutes
- you can’t take any of the candy with you
I’ve come to view life as that candy store…especially since I’ve been in here for at least fifteen of my minutes.
Here are seven things I’ve learned about the candy store, so far:
- It’s important to get the lay of the land before grabbing handfuls of candy.
- The best flavors are the most subtle, and often take time to enjoy.
- Some candy flavors mix well, others, not so much.
- I’ll never be able to taste all of the candy in the store, and that’s okay.
- There are just about as many sour candies as there are sweet. The sour ones help me appreciate the sweet flavors even more.
- Most of the candy melts in your hand if you hold on to it for too long.
- The best candy, whether sweet or sour, is the candy that you share with those you love.