A short thought exercise about things:
- Write down the 10 most important things in your life.
- How many of them are actually “things?”
- How many of the things on your list are only important because they help you achieve or experience the other things on your list?
- Now, eliminate five things from your list.
- Feel free to re-word the remaining five items on your list.
- If you haven’t already done so, sort the remaining five things in descending order of importance.
- How much time and energy do you devote to the most important things on your short list?
- How many of the remaining items on your list are actually “things?”
The important thing about things is that the ones that matter most aren’t even “things” at all.